Friday, June 25, 2010

Working for stuff

In our family, we don't just get stuff. We have to earn it. I mean, we get food and clothes, but if we want something really special, we have to earn it.

I think that this is a great idea, because if we get everything we want all the time, we'll turn into spoiled brats, and when you're an adult, you wouldn't know how to earn stuff and really be in trouble. It's hard to wait and work hard and everything but after you work hard for something, it feels a lot better when you get it.

I've been saving up for a Lego Mindstorm for months, and I almost have enough to get it. I'll write another post when I get it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm SOOOO happy you finally got that thing, Ash! I hope we get to see you in action with it soon. Love you!
    Love, Shawni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Ashton! Good WORK! Can't wait to see all our creations!

    ReplyDelete