Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bearing Your Testimony

By Alia

Bearing your testimony can be scary, especially if you've never done it before. If you feel like you should get up, do it. I felt really nervous but I was also excited. Once I got back, I felt really good and happy. Here are some ways to get yourself up to the podium.
1. Count backwards from 10 or even 3 when nobody is bearing their testomony (I started at 40)
2. Tell yourself that it will all be worth it
3. If you're really brave, stand up and walk up to the front

Make sure to write about it in your journal or in a notebook so you'll remember your first time bearing your testimony. You will be setting a good example to your siblings and to others too.

(P.S. If you don't know what it means to bear your testimony, here's a quick explanation: In our church on the first Sunday of each month, we get the chance to stand up in front of the congregation and share what we know is true about God and our church. You don't have to bear your testimony if you don't want to. I just wanted to share what it was like for me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment