Saturday, June 5, 2010

praying

By Isaac

If you or your family ever needs help, you can pray.  The other day I couldn't find my watch so I prayed about it.  I still haven't found my my watch but I'll keep praying.  I bet I'll find it.

Plus you can have family prayers every morning. One time Oliver and Silas got out a huge butcher knife and tried to cut up some peaches.  We found them and we were amazed that they didn't get one scrape. It was totally a miracle.  I think they were safe because that morning, we had our family prayer and prayed to be safe that day.

My uncle Jonah was born way too early and the doctors said that he might not live.  My mom and all her family and friends prayed a ton that he would be OK.  It was a miracle because he was OK and he grew up to be a really huge strong guy!

You can pray anywhere like the bathroom or school or outside.  You can pray when you're sad or if you're about to fall off a cliff.  You can pray when you're happy and want to say thanks.  You can pray if you're struggling at school on a test (but God won't do the test for you - he'll just help you remember what you already worked hard to learn).  You can pray when you're sick to help you feel better.

I think it's really good to have certain times to pray too like before each meal and when you're going to bed and when you have family prayer in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Well done little Ike. I wish more kids knew about the power of prayer...and because of your blog they will! Love you work buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It is good to be reminded that prayer is good at anytime or for anything.

    ReplyDelete