In our family, we do awards. Every Sunday (well, sometimes we forget and that's OK), after Sunday dinner, we talk about who's been doing good things that week and we nominate people for which award we think they should get. Then after we nominate people, we vote for who gets what award.
Here's the list of awards we do:
- OK Award (OK stands for Obedient Kid). This is for a person who has been extra obedient and did what they were asked to do. Eliza thinks we should change the name of this award to the 3D award for Do it quickly, Do it happily, Do it well (that's one of our family sayings) so we might change it but I think it should stay the OK award.
- Self Starter (SS) Award. You get this award for doing good deeds that people didn't ask you to do - you just see something that needs to be done and do it.
- BFF (Best Friends Forever) Award. If you be extra nice to your brothers and sisters you can get this award. It's called BFF because your brothers and sisters are your true friends that you'll have forever and ever.
- Neat as a Pin Award. This is for people who make their beds, clean up after themselves, keep their rooms clean and put their things away a lot.
- Super Friend Award. This award is for people who are being nice to other kids at school or friends in the neighborhood - like you could help another kid who's having a hard time with their math or if a kid is left out you could say, "hey, do you want to come and play this game with me - it'll be really fun" and then that kid will feel better.
- What Would Jesus Do. If you're extra kind to anyone in your family or friends and think about doing what Jesus would do, you can get this award. You can talk nicely or do a secret service or be nice when someone is mean to you or be extra grateful about something.
I like awards because it makes you want to do good things and makes you excited when you get the awards. You feel really glad when you can tell your family about what you've done that is great and you feel proud when have an award on your door. Even the twins get really excited about awards. Sometimes we nominate ourselves and sometimes we nominate each other. I feel really good when someone nominates me for an award.