Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mommy and Daddy Dates

By Ashton

In my family, we do a tradition called "mommy/daddy dates." I just went on one. Mom took me to Lin's Market to get a cherry fritter. I probably get to go on one like once every two weeks.  A mom or dad date can be to almost anywhere (except probably the moon or something like that).  Usually my dates with my mom or dad are to somewhere they need to go anyway (like the grocery store or Target or Home Depot) but it's still awesome to have some time with parents with none of your brothers or sisters around to bug you and interrupt you all the time.  Sometimes I get to pick where I go.  We try to pick places to go to lunch or do fun stuff that we have a coupon for.  You (sometimes) get your parents buying you treats or little prizes.

Secret:  If they buy you something to eat, let your mom/dad have a bite. They might want to take you again!

Another secret:  If you answer your parent's questions with lots of information and be fun, they'll want to take you again and again!

3 comments:

  1. Hi guys! I'm your uncle, Talmadge's, friend from high school. I love your family and I loved coming across your blog after finding the Power of Moms site. What a great idea to start your own blog! I'm going to have my 5 and 7 year old read your posts - I think they'd love your ideas and even have some to share with you. I think it's really cool what you're doing and hope you get a lot of readers and comments. I liked this post especially because of the "hints" on how to makes dates even more fun by sharing bites and answering questions with lots of good detail. We love dates with our kids too. I bet your mom is real proud of you both. Great ideas and writing so far - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on the secrets. i want ana and cam to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about an "Uncle Date"? Remember when I took you guys to Sonic? Those were good times. We are excited to see you guys at Bear Lake and maybe we can get fries at the Bear Cave again....

    ReplyDelete