Sunday, February 13, 2011

More Valentine's Day Ideas

Ashton included SO MANY great ideas! I wanted to say that the Heart Attack was great idea. I've done that to other houses and I've even had that happen to me!



The "Operation: Luv" Stuff sounds like a good idea and I want to try that sometime.



I also LOVE the pop-up-card! I made one when all of my siblings were making cards for their church teachers. (my teacher thought it was so cute!)



I wanted to write about more ideas that I made up. Here they are!



Drawer of Love

The Drawer of Love is just an empty desk drawer (you could use a filing cabinet or anything that holds a lot of things). I got tissue paper (red, pink, or white works best) and lined (or stuffed) it with the paper. I made some drawings such as hearts, teddy bears, and anything cute I could think of. Then I made little notes and I put them in the Drawer of Love. My sister cut out a heart and gave my mom a Valentine, so we put them in it as well. Then, I announced that the Drawer of Love was open. Now, our family can share their love and make sure that everyone knows how much they are loved.


I found these crafts online at FamilyFun's website:

Cute Valentine's Bracelets

If you have some string and beads nearby, this craft is a good one. Just get some beads and start stringing them on. Make messages on them and give them to friends and family members to show your love for them.

Heart Curtain

I like this idea and it sounds like something I would do (I probably can't because I have a three-year-old brother). First, cut out little hearts and write a message on them. Put those papers onto another color of paper and cut out a back for them. Get a long ribbon and hot glue them onto it (ask a parent for help because a hot glue gun really hurts! I've gotten hot glue on me and trust me, it is not very fun at all). Finally, hang the hearts from a top of a doorway (a doorway with no door works great) and voila! You have a Heart Curtain!

Hot Chocolate!

Find some plastic cups and stick a hot chocolate packet in it. Cut out a heart and then write a message on it and glue or tape it to the front of the cup. Now you can give someone the gift of hot chocolate!

Lollipop Flowers

Use colored paper to cut out a lot of medium-
sized hearts. Get your choice of lollipops and glue one on the middle of every heart. From the sicks, glue two green paper leaves to complete your flower! These treats will make a great Valentine's Day gift!

A Puzzle from the Heart

Get some old puzzles out from the garage or buy some at the dollar store. Get some red or pink paint and color over the puzzle piece. Place them in an area where they can sit and dry. Then, glue them into that shape of a heart. Make as many as you can before the pieces start to run out. If you want to, you can glue magnets on them. Have fun!

The Pencil Valentine

Cut out a paper heart and write something on it. Poke two holes, one on the top left corner and the other on the bottom right corner. Find some cute Valentine's Day pencils and poke it through the holes. That is how you make the Pencil Valentine.

Valentine Butterfly

Get a bunch of clothes pins. These can be used for the butterfly's body. If you do not want (or don't have clothes pins), you can use sticks of gum. Get colored paper and make wings for the butterfly. Write your message on your wings and glue or tape the wings to the clothes pin or stick if gum. Get pipe cleaners and cut one in half. These can be curved to be the antennas. Decorate your butterfly with glitter and anything you can think of.

Hearty Pencil Topper

Candy hearts are fun, but pencil toppers just like candy hearts. Get foam hearts, but make sure that they are tiny. Poke a hole in the bottom and poke a pipe cleaner through it. Twist the pipe cleaner around the pencil from the top and glue as you go. Make sure that the foam heart is glued to the top of the pencil. (This craft can also be made with a pen).


I hope these ideas will make your Valentine's Day a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment