Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How to get over a bad mood

Eliza (Isaac and Ashton's little sister) just turned eight so she's now an official member of our Power of Kids Team!  Welcome Eliza!  Here's her first post.

Sometimes I wake up in a bad mood.  Do you ever wake up in a bad mood?  I think everyone does sometimes. Or if you didn't wake up in a bad mood, you might get in a bad mood from something bad happening.  Then everything seems bad all day.

So how do you get out of a bad mood?

Here are some things that help me when I'm in a bad mood:

  • Give someone a hug or get a hug from someone.
  • Sing or hum a happy tune.
  • Think about the good things in your life.
  • Smile - even if you really don't feel like it.
  • Read a happy book.
  • Just be by yourself for a little while - sort like a time out but you just choose to do it.
  • Go to sleep on time so you don't get more grumpy.
  • Think of happy things.
  • Realize it's just a mood and change it.  My grammie says "there's lots of things you can't change but you can always change your mind."
If none of these things work, just get your homework done and do what you're supposed to be doing and ignore the bad mood and it'll usually just go away.  

I'm going to work on this stuff a lot myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment